Monday, May 4, 2015

Cats, shoes and Josie's trial

May 4, 2015
Week 75

Hello Everyone!! 
So this week I rescued a kitten from the sewer, mmmmm. :) And dog ate my shoe! Its more fun in the Philippines!
My time is very short today. So much to tell though!
It has been a very roller coaster week for my companion and I. A lot of our investigators have been falling through and we are now having to drop our area of focus and open up a new one. Its been all walking and tracting this last week :) It has certainly been a faith building week. Lots of trials, but I know MANY blessings will follow. :) I think my last transfer will just be planting seeds and next transfer will be harvesting time :) but it is so worth it! 
So Marissa is doing okay. She is having a hard time opening her heart and mind to the full truth. She is a very devoted Catholic and is having a hard time letting go of her old beliefs. We are doing a lot of fasting and prayer for her. 
Um, not much to report this week. :) 
EXCEPT...Josie and her big trial. On tuesday last week, Josie came home and found her husband, Jay, past out with no color in his face. She rushed him to the hospital and was pronounced dead on arrival. They were then able to revive him, but he has been in a coma ever since. Apparently Jay suffered from a heart attack and a few other things. He now has his own heart beat, and has slight breathing, but still needs a machine in order to function and he has no brain activity. The doctor told Josie that if he has no improvement within 2 days, they will have to turn off the machine. oh man.  It has been a long week of hospital visits and praying. We have been to the hospital a lot and it is so hard to be strong and not break down when I see Jay, his eyes open but hollow like and SO many wires. I pray so hard every evening and then every morning I wake up feeling peaceful, just knowing that whatever happens, everything will be okay. :) We still aren't sure what will happen, but I KNOW that God loves each of us and he has a plan!! This experience has made my testimony of temples and priesthood grow so much. No matter what happens, Jay has a second chance to accept the gospel and be sealed to his family because of the holy priesthood. WHAT A BLESSING! 
 The Magtoto family is so dear to me. Jay and I were super close too. He isn't a smiley person,but whenever we came around, he was all smiles. :) He is so gentle and good. I have never questioned God's will before, but this has been a big trying time for me. Sometimes I let myself think,"Why Jay? He is so good. He hasn't done nothing bad!" then I have to stop myself and remember that God has a plan for each of us and we need to say as Christ did, "thy will be done." 
I love my Heavenly Father and I know that no matter what happens to each of us, we can remain strong through the healing power and grace of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. :) 
I love each of you and I am so grateful to have you a part of my life! Be strong, remember who you are!
Love,
Sister Dalley

Philippines Angeles Mission
       "Baptize 1800!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment