Week 74
Hello All!!
Well, it looks like San Fernando will be my last area! Transfers were this last week and I stayed, and Sister Penales transferred. Sister Peralta is my new companion. She is awesome! 2 transfers ago she was here in Angeles Zone and I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with her! and then she transferred to a different area and now she is back as a Sister Training Leader and we are companions!! She is amazing and I have a LOT to learn from her! :)
Brian was baptized this last Saturday! It was an amazing baptism and he bore a POWERFUL testimony of the Restored gospel. He is solid and just glowed as he came out of the water and then again after he received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. :) I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for him :)
Marissa is doing great! She wasnt' able to go to church, but is really progressing! We were at a birthday party for sister Penales last Monday and a member asked Marissa when she would be baptized. My companion and I froze because we hadn't extended a goal date to her. Her answer was amazing! She said,"I am not sure, but as soon as possible!" AH! :D She is so excited and is changing. :) She is a lot kinder and isn't as mad at Heavenly Father :)
So this last week at transfers I saw one of the most amazing miracles and most "PAYDAY" moments of my life! I saw Maryjoy Mercado (my recent convert in my first area!) BUT not only did I see her, but she had a missionary name tag on!!! She is serving as a missionary for 6 weeks!!! I don't think we have them in the U.S. but here in the PHilippines, members who are preparing to serve a mission, depending on the mission's needs, have an opportunity to serve as a missionary for a full 6 weeks! And Maryjoy did that!!! She looks so different! She was so happy! and she told me she is now preparing to go to the temple, but 2 weeks after I go home :( but i am still so happy and it was a BIG "payday" for me! :D I guess I am doing some good here. :D
IN my personal study I came across a beautiful scripture about missionary work and I would like to share it with you :) 2 Corinthians 4:3-5 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the mi nds of them which believe not, lest the light of theglorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake.
I just loved this scripture! It speaks of our purpose as missionaries. :) What a blessing it is to bring the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Christ to others! I hope you all feel the joy that comes from bringing it to our brothers and sisters! I know my Savior lives and that he loves each of us and that this is HIS gospel and work of salvation!
Love you all!
Love,
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
"Baptize 1800!"
No comments:
Post a Comment