Monday, May 18, 2015

Putting on the Armor

May 18, 2015
Week 77

  Hello Everyone! :)
First off...HAPPY GRADUATION CLASS OF 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOO!!! Way to go! Especially to my wonderful sister, Mailea!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! :D :D Enjoy graduation!!! DIXIE DIXIE DIXIE!!!
Wow, another week gone by! I hope you have all learned something this last week and are applying it into your life! :D This last week was another growing week for me. 
We are still struggling with investigators, but because the Lord is amazing and this is His work, he provides us small miracles every day. 
One miracle is Melba. She is from another province, Ilo Ilo, and is here working for a member. We started teaching her a few weeks ago and then this week her progression blossomed. She has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith. There is a light changing with in her. :) She wants to be baptized so bad, but we found out that she is going back to her province next week! a week before her baptism goal date, but we felt impressed to talk to her about it. She told us that she wants to get baptized before she goes home and so we convinced her, with all the help of the Spirit, to stay until after her confirmation on May 31! :) So that is a small miracle for us. 
There have been a lot of tender mercies this past week and I have learned how to open my eyes to see them. They surround us daily, but we need to humble enough to notice them. :) 
OH there is so much I want to share, but my time is short. This last week I was studying in Alma 43. I don't know about you but sometimes I feel as if I am so weak and Satan is always hitting my weak spots. and this passage reminds me so much of it and how we need to truly armor ourselves. Alma 43:19-21, 37-38
"19 And when the armies of the Lamanites saw that the people of Nephi, or that Moroni, had prepared his people with breastplates and with arm-shields, yea, and also shields to defend their heads, and also they were dressed with thick clothing— 20 Now the army of Zerahemnah was not prepared with any such thing; they had only their swords and their cimeters, their bows and their arrows, their stones and their slings; and they were naked, save it were a skin which was girded about their loins; yea, all were naked, save it were the Zoramites and the Amalekites;
 21 But they were not armed with breastplates, nor shields—therefore, they were exceedingly afraid of the armies of the Nephites because of their armor, notwithstanding their number being so much greater than the Nephites. 37 And the work of death commenced on both sides, but it was more dreadful on the part of the Lamanites, for their nakedness was exposed to the heavy blows of the Nephites with their swords and their cimeters, which brought death almost at every stroke. 38 While on the other hand, there was now and then a man fell among the Nephites, by their swords and the loss of blood, they being shielded from the more vital parts of the body, or the more vital parts of the body being shielded from the strokes of the Lamanites, by their breastplates, and their armshields, and their head-plates; and thus the Nephites did carry on the work of death among the Lamanites."
​I love this. The Nephites were so prepared to meet the enemy and very few fell. Yet on the other hand, many Lamanites fell because of their failure of preparation and reliance on their own strength. This has made me think a great deal, how prepared are we? Do we have to FULL armor of God? I know in these latter days Satan is going to bring out things that will truly bring the weak down. WE NEED TO BE STRONG. :) So let us all do better to follow His commandments DAILY, read, pray, attend church, partake of the sacrament, repent, etc! I love you all and I pray that each of your will be protected from the temptations of the adversary. Have a wonderful week!! Ingat kayo lagi! Kitakits!
​Love,
Sister Dalley​

Philippines Angeles Mission
       "Baptize 1800!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment