Monday, May 25, 2015

Rejoice in His Name!

May 25, 2015
Week 78

 Hello All!
CONGRATS DIXIE GRADUATES and to NATE AND MALORY MYERS!!! :D 
I hope you all had a fantastic week! Ours was as busy as ever! I had 3 exchanges with different sisters this week and so that was fun! I love exchanges and learning so much from each sister! Its like each one is a different flower! Different looks, smells and beauty, but all made by the same Being. :) Our mission is so blessed to have such amazing sisters! :)
This last week, Melba had an emergency and had to go back to her province so we won't be teaching her anymore. BUT this is HIS work and he has HIS timing! :) I know this is true because he has blessed us with another awesome investigator! Her name is Mae Lingat. She is 17 and is golden! Her mother is a member but inactive. Her aunt is the YW president and her cousins are all returning from inactivity so she has an awesome support system! I know what President Hinkley said is true!"Every new convert needs a friend..someone who will walk beside him..." There is a huge difference from investigators that have a fellowshipper and those who don't. You, my friends, are the key to and investigators conversion! Fellowship! No greater work! :) 
This next week will be also very busy! Lots of meetings and activities trying to build up the ward. :) 
Well, I am so sad to say this, but this is my last letter to all of you! Next week I will be in the Mission Home preparing to head out on another adventure. 
Oh my goodness, I feel as if my heart is going to tear into two. Oh how i have enjoyed this time as a full time servant of the Lord! I hope and pray that every person in this life will be able to experience a part of what I feel! This last week during my personal study I came upon what I think is Alma's homecoming talk, Alma 26, and it describes perfectly how i feel! Here are a few verses that i would like to share with all of you. 
"8 Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever.
 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold,my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.13 Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice? 16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you,I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."  
This is EXACTLY how i am feeling. The whole chapter is beautiful! ;) but how grateful I am to have served him and to bring His children unto Him. Maybe not thousands, but at least a few souls unto Him. :) What a blessing it has been to see His hand in this work. "I WILL REJOICE IN HIS NAME FOREVER!" I hope my Heavenly Father will accept the work that I have done. I know is some ways I could've done a lot better, I do have regrets, some because of how weak I am and some because of my stupidity, but oh what i have learned about the Atonement! HE IS REAL!! IT IS REAL AND IS ETERNAL! and it is for EVERYONE! :D
Thank you to all of you for your support and love. You have no idea what it means to a missionary to have a support group. What a blessing each of you are in my life! I will see most of you soon! INGAT KAYO! KITAKITS! :) GOD BLESS!
Love,
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
       "Baptize 1800!" 

Avonlea,

I have never hit "Reply All" on any of these letters you've written. But today, this last letter, I want everyone to know how I feel. 

There is nothing you could possibly do to make me more proud of you. You have given your very best and we can all feel it!  The spirit about you is intense and beautiful. YOU are beautiful!  And those "few" that you feel you helped bring to the Gospel represent the very small percentage that you have had a profound impact on. Many seeds have been planted. And for many years the effects will be felt. 

We all love you so dearly. We're thrilled to have you home!

With all my heart,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment