Week 70
Hello Everyone!!
Wow, goodbye March and hello April. The first week of April here in San Fernando is going to be very interesting. It is called Holy Week. Holy Week is celebrated by the Catholics and everyday there is another event. All the events are taking place in our area actually, but we have been told by the members to stay far away. Why? It is very gory. :P People walk all throughout the city whipping themselves. Yes, whipping themselves and hurting themselves the same way Christ was. Including the nailing on the cross. Yup on Friday morning 12 people will be nailed to a cross and be left there for a few hours. I have seen pictures and it is awful. So it will be an interesting week that is for sure. I'm not too excited for all the blood. :P I am so grateful that I am a member of the true church and that God doesn't require us to do stuff like that because it has already been done!
I hope we all take this Sunday to reflect on what Christ truly did for us. I want to challenge you to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and highlight and focus on the Atonement. Your knowledge will grow and you will gain a bigger apprectiation for our Lord and Savior's atoning sacrifice.
Well, Eloisa is now a member! I wish I could send pictures, but the computer shop won't let me plug in anythign, so next week na lang! ;) But it was a beautiful baptism. Her boyfriend, Aaron's father baptized and confirmed her. She then bore a powerful testimony of the restoration and how she knows this is the truth. Her and Aaron are now planning to enter the temple exactly a year from now to be married for time and all eternity! The whole ward is so excited about it! :)
A lot of our investigators are kind of slowing down and loosing interest. :( but because God loves us and this is His work, he replaces those previous investigators with new ones!
One of our new investigators is named Jessica Vital. She is 18 years old, beautiful and sweet, but is living with her boyfriend and she thinks she is pregnant. This is very common here, teenage girls pregnant and living with the guy. I think more than half of people here aren't even married to the person they are living with. It is a big mess. Anyway, Jessica has a great desire to be closer to Christ. She knows what she is doing is a sin. She wants to get married,but has no money. SO we are trying to work this out. :) BUT IT WILL HAPPEN!! :)
Another new investigator is Brian Candarin. He is 21 years old. He just moved here from another island to help his sister with her job. His sister is a recent convert of about 10 months. She is strong in the church. Brian has a lot of questions and he wants this to be true. He is just having a hard time opening his heart and mind to the truth. He is a member of Seventh Day Adventist adn their beliefs are different. But he is really progressing and hopefully will be baptized by the end of April!:)
SO this last week I came across a scripture Mosiah 1:11-12
11 And moreover, I shall give this people a name, that thereby they may be distinguished above all the people which the Lord God hath brought out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I do because they have been a diligent people in keeping the commandments of the Lord. 12 And I give unto them a name that never shall be blotted out, except it be through transgression.
This scripture brought me so much peace. We have the name of Christ on our souls because we covenanted when we were baptized that we would take His name upon us. So we have the WONDERFUL opportunity to bear His name EVERYDAY!!! :D The only time we don't have His name is when we transgress. BUT because of HIS wonderful everlasting Atonement, we can change and become cleansed!! and then bear HIs name again. :)
I AM SO grateful for this gospel and my knowledge of the Atonement. It is real and is ALWAYS within our grasp! and it is NEVER ENDING! It has no expiration date! USE IT NOW! :)
I love each and every one of you so much! Have a great Easter and conference week!!!
LOVE
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
"Baptize 1800!"
No comments:
Post a Comment