Week 69
My dear friends and family!
My time is very short today! Lots to do! :)
Josie is still doing well. She is blossoming in the gospel and her light is radiating all throughout the ward. The ward is learning so much from her example of service and sacrifice. :)
Eloisa is getting baptized on Saturday!!! Her future father-in-law will be baptizing her and she and her boyfriend are so excited, especially because this means they will be able to be married in the TEMPLE next year!! :D
I am not sure exactly how Miriam is doing because I was gone most of the week on exchanges, but I hear she is doing really well!
Sorry not much to report on our investigators this week.
During my personal study this week, I took time to study Jacob chapter 5. Wow. what a beautiful chapter, I learned so much and recieved a lot of inspiration from it. I would like to share with you verse 22-23 and as you read it picture yourself as the poor spot of ground and as the tree.
22 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto him: Counsel me not; I knew that it was a poor spot of ground; wherefore, I said unto thee, I have nourished it this long time, and thou beholdest that it hath brought forth much fruit. 23 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard said unto his servant: Look hither; behold I have planted another branch of the tree also; and thou knowest that this spot of ground was poorer than the first. But, behold the tree. I have nourished it this long time, and it hath brought forth much fruit; therefore, gather it, and lay it up against the season, that I may preserve it unto mine own self.
I don't know if you translated it the same way I did, but what I got from it was that we all are a poor spot of ground., poor because of our weaknesses and natural man. We are such a poor spot of ground that any other person would never plant a tree where we are, but our Heavenly Father knows us better. He knows our potential of what we can become, and because of His patience and love, He gives us things to help us become a beautiful spot of ground, so beautiful that it brings forth many good fruits. It may take a while for us to become that beautiful spot of ground, but we can do it because of the Lord's grace! I KNOW that the Lord will never give up on us. He is always there no matter how long it takes us to change.
We just have to be willing to let Him dig around us, mold us, and shape us into that beautiful spot of ground. :)
I love you all so much and I am so grateful for the opportunity to share to Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to my brothers and sisters. It is such an amazzing experience for me. There are still so many things that I need to change in order to become that beautiful spot of ground, or to become the missionary that the Lord want me to become, but I know that through His grace, I can become better little by little. :) Rely on Him and everything will work out! :)
Love
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
No comments:
Post a Comment