THis week was transfers! and Sister Penales and I are staying another transfer together! YAY!! :) Which means that this may be my last area :( *sigh*
| Transfer announcements |
Josie is doing amazing! She worked with us 3 times this week! She is on fire! and she is doing all she can to help her husband and daughter. As a matter a fact, the youth have joined Josie's vision and now have been talking to each other especially on facebook on how they can get Trishia baptized!! AH! I was overjoyed when i heard that!!! :D
I would like to share with you a miracle right now, we now have 8 progressing investigators, meaning to say that they are keeping their commitments and they are on their way to baptism!! AH!!! :D
Eloisa has still been out of town so we haven't been able to teach her, but her baptism should be next saturday! :)
Janice went to church yesterday. She still is having a problem with smoking, so we are trying to find ways to push her and help her to stop :)
ONe of our other progressing investigators is Miriam Yumul. She is about 27 and has 4 kids. Her youngest reminds me SO much of my Ruby :) So Miriam has been an investigator as long as I have been here. Her progression has been very slow, but it is now showing. Especially in how she treats her kids. When we first met Miriam, she would beat her kids right in front of us. And it was right after she had told us the importance of her children. :/ The abuse was pretty bad before, but then last week we focused on The Family, A Proclamation to the World and now, her discipline towards her children is a LOT better than before. :) She is finding a deeper love for her children. We aren't sure WHEN she will be baptized but we are definite that she WILL :)
So this last week I have realized a lot of my weaknesses, ESPECIALLY my pride. I realized that I was SO prideful before my mission. I want to apoligize to all of you for how prideful I have been. I have been so focused on me, than on you and YOUR needs. I have been one of those people that the Book of MOrmon talks about where "they were puffed up in their pride." I am so sorry and I hope someday I can show you that each of you DO matter to me. :) I LOVE Y'ALL!! :)
During this first quarter of the year, my mission has been focusing on the Atonment, and so during my personal study I came across this scripture. My heart almost burst with overwhelming joy when I read this!!!
2 Nephi 28:32 Wo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.
Isn't that amazing?! No matter how many times we sin or we make a mistake or how big our weakness is, WE CAN BE FORGIVEN. HE IS ALWAYS THERE!! Lately I realized that my attitude towards the Atonement has been," How can I do this on my own? I will never be able to overcome my weakness and I will never be fully clean." but then I came across this scripture. :) Oh I am so grateful for my Savior! "Because of Him, there is no end" :)
Have a wonderful week!!!
Love,
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
No comments:
Post a Comment