Week 4
Hello all!!
Hello all!!
I know I just emailed you but I wanted to tell you about my Christmas!!! Christmas in the MTC was amazing. I have never felt the Spirit as strong during Christmas time than I did on Wednesday.
There is a special spirit about it being here. So after breakfast we
had an hour for open gym which was so so fun! A bunch of us missionaries
got together and played Speed and I totally showed up the Elders! haha It was great!! Then we got to email our families, which was awesome!!!
Then we had an MTC live Devotional broadcasted from the Provo MTC. Elder
Evans of the Seventy spoke to us and it was very inspiring and just the
thing I needed to hear. Afterward we all went to our district rooms and
did our Secret Santa! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my district
family?! It was a lot of fun and since we finished a little early we
sang Christmas hymns which really brought the spirit of Christmas into
our hearts. Everyone in our district are singers! They all have AMAZING
voices!!!! So we harmonize a lot! I LOVE IT! Next we had Music Time,
where all the districts gathered together and sang Christmas songs! Each
district had prepared a different song to sing. We did Mary's Lullaby,
it went very well. Sister Jones and I did the first verse as a duet and
it went VERY well, even the MTC President complimented us on our voices
:) After music time, the President told us he had a surprise and he told
us that we would be watching a movie!! He turned it on and it
was.....IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE!!! I was sooooo happy, I cried!!! It was
just what I needed and it reminded me of my family since we watch that
every Christmas! :D. We watched Christmas movies for 3 hours!!! It was
very nice, we had popcorn and treats!!MMMmmmmm. After a yummy dinner we
all gathered together for a Messiah Sing-along!!!!! I was SOOO
excited!!!!! When it came time for the Hallelujah Chorus I sang my heart
out since I knew that song by heart thanks to the lovely Mrs. Snow!!!!
haha Funny how somethings come in handy on your mission! After the
sing-along we all went to the temple and took pictures and then had ice
cream sundaes!!!! It was a lovely day. It helped me thing of my Savior
and not miss home so much. I was able to think more of what the Savior
has really done for me. I love Him so much. I cannot even begin to
express my love for my Savior(Tagapaglitas). Each day I learn something
new about my Savior and I just stand in awe of what He has done for me.
It is truly truly amazing!!!
This next week I FINALLY get to go out proselyting!!!! I. am. so.
nervous!!!!!!! I barely know the language and the culture. It is very
nerve racking!! but it will be an experience that I will never forget!
Well, I hope your Christmas's where just as fantastic as mine and I
hope that Santa brought you what you wanted!! ;) I would do a spiritual
thought right now, but I am running out of time!! I love you all and
hope all is well with you! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Maligaya Pasko!!!! Mahal ko
kayo!!
Love,
This is my PAMILYA!! or district!! Starting top left
going clockwise: Elder Neiulua (New Zealand), Elder Tupou (Tonga), Elder
Seiuli (Samoa), Elder Marsh (New Zealand, btw reminds me SOOOO much of
Bieba!!!), Sister Davis (Sandy, UT), Sister Jones (Moses Lake, WA),
Sister Roisum (Seattle WA, who at first was my comp but the President
switched us), Sister Laiti (Australia), ME, Sister Vi (Tonga).
My new Tongan friends! Elder Te'e (I told him once how
much I love the Tongan and Samoan people and how it'd be cool if I was
one, so for Christmas he gave me a shirt that says Kingdom of Tonga! :)
More of my Tongan friends!!
More of my Tongan friends!!
Me with Sister Seiluli (Samoa) and Sister Hafen (Idaho)
Some Elders that are AWESOME!!! The one on the left is Elder Welch and is from Calgary and might know Tanner's comp!!
Some Elders that are AWESOME!!! The one on the left is Elder Welch and is from Calgary and might know Tanner's comp!!
Eating our Christmas ice cream sundaes! mmmmm
Every Pday we get to go to the temple!! :)
Good-bye my family!! I will talk to you next week and tell you about
my proselyting adventures! Wish me luck and pray for me because I am
SOOOO nervous.
Love you to infinity and beyond!!!!!
Love,
Avonlea :)
No comments:
Post a Comment