Week 5
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
I
hope your New Year was as loud and as fun as mine was!!! :) We got to go
to bed kind of early for New Year's, but I couldn't because I was helping
the senior batch sisters clean their room, because they were leaving the
next morning. So I was up till 12 :/. Pero, I got to see the fireworks!
Here in the Philippines the whole city goes into debt by doing an
amazing firework show. The pictures that I am sending aren't very good.
It. was. amazing. Everywhere I looked I saw fireworks. They went on for
HOURS!!! I barely slept that night! My goodness!!! It was a beautiful
sight to see! I am really looking forward to next year's New Year!! :)
This week has been pretty tough. I've had to do a lot
of soul searching and really having to rely on the Lord. Our
investigators, Sister Samantha and Brother Ace, haven't been doing too
good. They aren't really sticking to their commitments (especially Sister Samantha) and sometimes fall asleep during our lessons ;), but it
has really helped me learn and grow closer to my Savior. I have been
really praying about how I can improve and become better, and that
Brother Ace and Sister Sam will come to know Christ. Brother Ace has
been a struggle. He has had previous missionaries before and wants to
know that the church is true, PERO (but) He believes that he doesn't
have to pray and ask God anything because God knows what we want and
need. So I've been praying about that, but this last week was great :).
We read him a scripture of how Christ prayed to the Lord and it made him
think and wonder and ponder, and that FINALLY got to him and he is now
praying!!!!!! and.......... HE IS COMING TO CHURCH!!!!!!! YAY!!!! the Lord does answer prayers!!!
I also had an opportunity to go proselyting! I finally
got to go out of the MTC and teach. All I have to say is ....wow. haha Wow to the smell, the culture and everything. The smell is awful. It
smells like a poopy diaper and vomit and like something has died. The
way these people live is so so sad. We taught a man who's house was made
out of cardboard and a tin roof. I cannot even begin to explain what
it was like. All I have to say is that I am NEVER EVER complaining about
my living conditions, ever again. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE. haha Oh man, as we were on our way to an appointment we turned a corner and
there was a guy standing up, bathing. Yup, in the open. I just have to
laugh about it now. There is NO sanitation here. It felt and looked
like downtown LA but 10 times worse. It will be very interesting to see
what happens within the next 17 months! :) OH!! I also got to ride in a
Jeepney for the first time!!!! SOSOSOSOSO much fun!! :D
Well I only have 2 weeks left in the MTC!!!!!!!!
AH!!!!!!!!!! I am really freaking out!! I am not very excited to leave! But I am at the same time. I am not looking forward to saying good my to
my Kasama (companion) and the Elders in my district. The rest of us are
going to the same mission :) YAY!!! There is much that I have to learn
still, with the language and teaching, pero I know that I can do it
because of the Atonement of Christ and I can have a successful mission.
I am so grateful to be out here and to be a part of
this amazing work. It so so worth it to bring the Light of Christ into
people's lives and to see them come closer to Christ!!!
I love you all so much and I hope everything is going well! Maraming mahal ko kayo!!!!!!! God speed and HUZZAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment