Week 7 & 8-One week was skipped in the transfer from MTC to the mission field.
Hello everyone!!
Hello everyone!!
Well
I am here!! Finally out of the MTC!! I feel like I just left home
again. Things are so different here. There are no sidewalks and trash
EVERYWHERE!!! I have been assigned to the Cabanatuan 6B area. In a way it
is like a Saint George, not too big and not too small. Big enough to
have a mall ;) But it is very beautiful here besides the smell :) It is
sooo green! The people are so kind and understanding with my Tagalog.
The language is SUPER hard!!! But I have a great Nanay/trainer. Her name
is Sister Altea. She is 26 years old, but it so loving, kind and
understanding, but makes me step out of my comfort zone which is exactly
what I need. ;) AH! so much to tell!! We live in what the missionaries
call a "mansion" because it very big, it has an oven, microwave, and hot
water! I hit the jackpot! ;) It is a beautiful house. I love it :) And I
am getting use to catching roaches the size of my middle finger. ;) Yup
it is definitely an adventure! But I love it!!
I am really loving our investigators. One that I would like to tell
you about is R-riz. He is 12 years old but has the mind of an 18 year
old. He is so smart and mature. He is the only child in his family and
the only investigator, but he has been very diligent in keeping his
commitments and coming to church every Sunday. :) He comes to church BY HIMSELF and wearing his Sunday best with a Sunday
smile. He looked so handsome that we took one of the Elder's name tags
and had R-riz wear it. Yup our future missionary!!! Here is a picture!!
He is so great and hopefully he will be baptized in March!! Oh!! We have
2 baptisms coming up on February 8!!!!! YAY!!! I am so so excited!!
Well my time is short today but I love you all and hope you have
all had a great week!! I love you so so much and miss you all like
crazy!!!!!!!!!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment