Week 3
Merry Early Christmas Everyone!!! (Malagaya Pasko!!!)
Merry Early Christmas Everyone!!! (Malagaya Pasko!!!)
| At the Manila Temple |
| Me and Sister Vi, my comp. |
This week has been very long but AMAZING!! I've learned so much and
had some amazing experiences! Sister Vi and I have been teaching two
investigators, Brother Ace and Sister Samantha. They are both really
hard! Brother Ace keeps falling asleep during our lessons haha!! and
Sister Samantha has had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon. But
it has really helped me stretch and rely more on my Savior. I have had
to do that a lot lately.
I've realized that I need more humility and more confidence in
order to teach. It has really helped me become better :) I have also
realized that it doesn't matter that I don't know the language, what
matters is that the Spirit is there during the lessons. As long as the Spirit is there and the investigator can feel it than that is all that
matters. :) I've also come to realize more how powerful Hymns are! We
have sung a few in some of our lessons from the Tagalog hymn book and
it is amazing how it touches the investigator. So keep singing as much
as you can!!!
There is so much to say but so little time! :) Everything here is
amazing!! The food even!! But I am getting really tired of rice for
every meal ;) We have had it for seriously every meal!! haha! Also I've
had to eat a whole fish, like off of the bones with the head and eyes
still attached :) mmmm yummy ;) but it has really helped me become less
afraid. I've also come to appreciate food more.
There are so many people here who are so thin because of malnourishment. I feel so blessed. There is an Elder that just got here and he is from Tacloban. He arrived with only a very small bag and his big heart and testimony. It breaks my heart. I can't imagine what that would be like to loose most of your family and then leave on your mission a month later. And here I am crying because I miss my family when I know that I can see them again in 18 months. I feel so blessed. I think we all need to really count our blessings more because there are people here who barely have anything but are so faithful and so loving. It makes us sometimes look like wimps! ;) But I think during this holiday season we need to reflect on what we already have, not what we want. We have the gospel and the Atonement, a loving Heavenly Father and family. That's all we need!!! Who cares about presents when we have the TRUE gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives?! I am so grateful for this gospel and for all that it has done for me. I am so grateful for my Savior and for all that He did for me so that I may live with Him and my family again!!! Oh how blessed I am!!!!
There are so many people here who are so thin because of malnourishment. I feel so blessed. There is an Elder that just got here and he is from Tacloban. He arrived with only a very small bag and his big heart and testimony. It breaks my heart. I can't imagine what that would be like to loose most of your family and then leave on your mission a month later. And here I am crying because I miss my family when I know that I can see them again in 18 months. I feel so blessed. I think we all need to really count our blessings more because there are people here who barely have anything but are so faithful and so loving. It makes us sometimes look like wimps! ;) But I think during this holiday season we need to reflect on what we already have, not what we want. We have the gospel and the Atonement, a loving Heavenly Father and family. That's all we need!!! Who cares about presents when we have the TRUE gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives?! I am so grateful for this gospel and for all that it has done for me. I am so grateful for my Savior and for all that He did for me so that I may live with Him and my family again!!! Oh how blessed I am!!!!
I love you all so much! I wish I could write more, but I am
running out of time. Please please remember what Christmas is REALLY
all about!!!
LOVE LOVE,
Sister Dalley :)
If you
want to DearElder me feel free to do so!!! Also send actual letters to
my mission home address!
Love these photos! Ew, what a Yukky fish head! :) love you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome photos! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete