Week 62
February 2, 2015
Hello Everyone!
Happy February! I can't believe it is February! Time flies!
Well, I transferred! I am now in "Sin City" or "Sodom and Gumora." but it really is called Angeles which means city of Angels....ha. It is soo Americanized here! I feel like I am in Las Vegas or New York City. but it is fun! I love my area!!! We have so many WONDERFUL investigators! And I have an amazing companion! Sister Penales is a Filipino but from New Zealand and we are having so much fun together. She is a master teacher and I am learning so much from her!
| Me and Sister Penales! Isn't she gorgeous!? |
One investigator is so golden. Her name is Josie Magtoto. She is amazing and so prepared by the Lord. She is so kind too. She has a bakery at the front of her house and she gives us baked goods almost every time we meet with her. haha. Yesterday she went to church for the first time and it was an amazing experience for her. She just glowed and fit in so well. She really is an angel in disguise. ;)
Charmaine is another amazing investigator. She has 3 children from different fathers. The boyfriend she has now, they are currently in the process of getting married! We might have a wedding at the end of February!!!!
The only problem is that she doesn't have a birth certificate. That is a big problem here. People don't have enough money to buy a birth certificate when their children are born. So people grow up with no birth certificate and that is why so many people here aren't married to the father of mother of their kids. Sometimes people live this way for 40 years! Anyway, we are in the process of helping Charmaine with her birth certificate.
Well guys, I finally did it, I tried Balot. and I wouldn't recommend it. I had high blood and queezy stomach for 2 days. :) hahaha but hey I finally tried it!
Well I love you all!! Sorry I don't have a scripture this week! Next week lang. :) Mahal ko kayo!! Have a wonderful week!!!
LOVE
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
"Baptize 1800!
Excerpt from family letter:
I am over the Angeles Zone. There are about 6 set of sisters here. It is the biggest zone in the whole mission. I will be traveling by jeepney to get to them.
So starting next week I will be going on exchanges with the sisters.
Sister Havea is being trained by another sister now.
but guess what?! Elder Syphus is now in Guimba! He transferred in and I transferred out! darn.
(Also I learned from Elder Syphus that he took over Sister Dalley's call as pianist.)
Someone brought us over oatmeal raisin pecan cookies WITH REAL MILK!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS HEAVEN!!!!!!!! I miss real milk!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment