February 16, 2015
Hello Everyone!!!
Happy Valentines Day!! Especially to NATE MYERS AND MALORY BROWN!!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!!! Its just too cute and too happy!! I am so happy for both of you!! :D Send me an invitation! :)
Also..... HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY RUBY DALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WUV YOU!! :D
This week has been awesome! As a Sister Training Leader, I have the opportunity to go on exchanges with other sisters in the zone. This week I was able to go on 2 different exchanges. :) I learned so much from them! These sisters are amazing missionaries and are definitely servants of the Lord. :)
Josie Magtoto is doing amazing. Her progression is skyrocketing! Her faith grows more and more everyday :) I love this work because it is front row seat to the best show in town! Watching people change because of the Atonement! :)
Eloisa's progression is also skyrocketing! She finally has gained a testimony of the Church and of the Book of Mormon. She is SO excited to be baptized on March 14 and to have her future father-in-law to baptize her. and she is also So excited that she will finally be able to marry her boyfriend in the temple!! :)
Last week we started teaching a former investigator. Her name is Janice Limson. Her husband is a member and has been going to church all year, but just hasn't yet had the desire to be baptized. Well, now she does! She has had a big problem with smoking since she was 18 and now 10 years later she is finally wanting to change. She is a big miracle and blessing to us! In fact, her 8 year old son just got baptized last week as a child of record! It was amazing watching her face during the program. She felt something and ever since then she has wanted to be baptized :)
During my personal study earlier, I read about how Nephi had a desire to know the things of which his father had taught. It says in 1 Nephi 11:1 " For it came to pass after I had desired to know the things that my father had seen, and believing that the Lord was able to make them known unto me, as I sat pondering in mine heart I was caught away in the Spirit of the Lord, yea, into an exceedingly high mountain, which I never had before seen, and upon which I never had before set my foot."
I love that word,"ponder" I never really realized the power of pondering. President Clark asked us missionaries once,"Are you pondering during your personal study? I feel as if each of us could take a little more time to ponder on the things we have learned." I have taken that to heart and I have seen a big difference in my life because of pondering. I am able to receive more personal revelation from it. I hope that each of us will take a little more time out of our day and do as Nephi did and ponder.
I love this work so much. It truly is the Lord's work. If it wasn't nothing would happen. I know that this is the Lord's church! and I am so grateful for it!
Excerpt from family letter:
Valentines Day was so much fun! It was a normal schedule, but instead of going home for lunch, Josie took us out to lunch at a New York pizza restaurant!! OH it was HEAVEN!!! I miss pizza!! She bought us pasta, pizza and ice cream! and they had Pistachio ice cream! Oh my gulay it was so good! :) We had a lot of fun talking and helping her through this new change in her life. She is facing a lot of persecution from her friends and family right now. but she is soo strong! :) Josie is really like our mom. Not only did she buy us lunch, but also bought us a rose, and chocolates ;) She is such an angel too us, ESPECIALLY when we miss our mommys. ;)
Excerpt from family letter:
Hello my wonderful family!
Well today, I am halfway through this transfer! AH!!! only 2 1/2 transfers to go! AH!!!! :( Time is just flying and I don't know how to stop it. Especially seeing pictures of Nate and Mal, I can hardly believe that my friends are old enough to be married. ugh. hahaha. But seriously, I wish I could pause time. but at the same time I don't because it is making me work harder and it also means that I will get to see you soon! :)
Well as I said I have had the WONDERFUL opportunity to go on exchanges with the sisters in the zone. We had 2 last week, one tomorrow, 2 next week and one more the last week of the transfers. It is VERY exhausting. Lots of travel and walking etc. It really takes a tole on the body. I am exhausted, but SO HAPPY!!! I am learning so much from these sisters. :) I feel like the reason I am in this position is to learn. :)
| Here are the pics from our date with Josie :) and other fun times :) |
Then at another teaching appointment, someone surprised us and bought us Jolibee spaghetti and coke. Than later that night we went over to the Ward Party and ate there. MY STOMACH HURT SO BAD! I was in pain the rest of the night. I have never been REALLY sick on my mission, but not until Saturday night. Worst night of my mission. My mind wasn't working straight so I didn't wake up my companion. I didn't get any sleep that night. Sunday was a little better but I still had a fever. Josie was an angel as she held me during sacrament meeting and massaged my hands during Relief Society. I am doing a lot better now! After the medicine Josie gave me, I haven't felt sick. :) Just a little woozy now and then. :)
I am so grateful for the Enabling Power of the Atonement! It is real!! If it wasn't I wouldn't have been able to work all day yesterday. I KNOW the Savior is with us every step of the way!! :)
I LOVE you sooo much!!!! Have fun with Roo on her birthday!! I am going to try and keep my self busy that day. I cry every time I think of not being there for her 2 birthday. Oh well, Many blessings lay in store for all of us!!
Love
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
"Baptize 1800!"
No comments:
Post a Comment