Week 65
Hello all my wonderful friends and family!!
I hope your week was as good as mine!! ;) I had a FANTASTIC week!! I think that is why it went by so quickly!
Josie is doing amazing as always. She hasn't quite gained a testimony about Joseph Smith. So last night we committed her to just focus her prayer on the truth about Joseph Smith. Tonight we will be following up about it. She went to church again, even though she was sick! She acts as if she is already a member, which is great! She participates so well in the classes and is very reverent during the sacrament. :) She is an angel in our lives and we are so excited for her baptism on March 7!
Eloisa is also doing amazing! She is also struggling about Joseph Smith. She we committed her to do the same thing as with Josie. She knows everything else is true though!! I LOVE hearing that, "Yes, Sister, I KNOW it is true." It just fills me with chills and joy!! :)
We were able to teach Janice as well this week. She is still struggling with her smoking, but she is overcoming it little by little. She promised that she wouldn't smoke for 6 days straight and is doing VERY GOOD so far! :) There is so much to tell about her, but I sadly have no time! :) Lets just say she is looking forward to March 28!! :)
Yesterday was probably one of the happiest days of my mission. It was an answer to my prayers. So, here in the Philippines, there is a church here called Iglesia Ni Cristo, which translated is Church of Christ. Anyway, they HATE the LDS saints. They are very stubborn and hard to teach. They just like to bible bash. It has always been a goal of mine to teach and convert an Iglesia ni Cristo. It is rarely heard of. So yesterday, as I was entering into the chapel, I heard,"Are the missionaries here?" I turned around and introduced myself as a missionary. This man's face lit up! He introduced himself as William Trimidad. He told me that he had transferred jobs and had come from another part of the Philippines. He had been taught by LDS missionaries there and had felt something stir within his soul. He told me that he is an Iglesia Ni Cristo! He went on to tell me how he is searching for the truth. He says he like the church where he is currently at, except for one thing, they don't worship Jesus Christ. They believe that he is a person, not a God. So William was very confused, because he grew up as a Catholic. So when the missionaries taught him the first time, he felt something stir. So when he moved here, the first thing he did was look for the LDS church. We were ecstatic!! We taught him immediately after church. He has soo many questions and what is amazing and beautiful is that all of the answers to his questions are here!! :D We are very excited!!!
Anyway, we are very happy and feel so blessed with the work :) I LOVE THIS WORK!!
Well, gotta go! My time is short. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Love
Sister Dalley
Pic- I got glasses! First time in my whole 20 years, and I can see again!! Hey guys did you know that trees have leaves?! :o ;)
Philippines Angeles Mission
"Baptize 1800!"
No comments:
Post a Comment