Monday, October 27, 2014

The Hills are Alive!!

Week 48

Hello my dear friends!!!
What a crazy week!!
FIRST I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIARRA!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOO SWEET 16!!! My sister is soo old!! ;) I love you!!!
GUESS WHAT?!?!?! Nora and Charmie are getting baptized this Saturday!!! haha and Saturday here is a holiday, "Day of the Dead!" interesting huh? We will be celebrating their rebirth!! :) I am so excited!! 
We are now teaching their daughter Charity. She is sooo amazing. She will be baptized on November 22. She has gone to church even before we started to teach her! and she reads the Book of Mormon everyday! :) and she is only 9!!! :) She is a ball of fire. :) She is like my little sister!! :)
On Friday we had our interviews. It was so amazing. the workshops really focused on helping our investigators feel the spirit. These last few days we have really been trying to focus on helping them feel and know how to feel the spirit. It has made a huge difference. :) The spirit is amazing. This work would be nothing without it! :)
I also want to talk about tithing. It is soo amazing to see people here who are sooo poor and who really have nothing, yet they give sooo much to tithing. AND they pay fast offerings!! It is a huge testimony builder to me. Even when things are hard financially we need to be obedient and the Lord will fulfill his promise that he will "open the windows of heaven and pour down blessings upon you." I KNOW that is true. I see it everyday here. So my dear friends, keep paying your tithing! 
Sorry it is short today, but I LOVE YOU!!! have a great Halloween! :) eat lots of yummy candy for me!!
LOVE
Sister Dalley

Philippines Angeles Mission

"Where only the finest serve!"

Excerp from family letter:
Well as you can see, we went hiking!!! Oh it was sooo beautiful. I had to just stop and look. I felt home. I MISS the mountains like crazy. We had to drive an hour away to get to the mountain, but it was gorgeous. I feel sooo much happier. I still feel stressed but more relaxed. I never realized how grateful I am for the mountains. I feel so close to God there and it is sooo therapeutic!! :)​
​ The work is going alright. Finding a lot of people to hopefully be baptized in December and November so that we can reach our goal in December of 1650! I think we are at 1140 or something like that. Not exactly sure, but I KNOW we can do it!!!! :)
Sister Guerrero is so amazing. Sometimes she has had to push me. or remind me with things. She is soo motivated. We will be going to Manila this week for things with her visa. 

 PICTURES!

We went hiking today!! sooo therapeutic! It is soo gorgeous here!!
We had quite the adventure while hiking! some sisters accidentally touched poison ivy! good thing we have worthy priesthood holders! ;)
 

 Me feeling like Maria in the sound of music!! :)



pix of my zone! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment