Week 50
Hello everyone!!!!
Wow, another week come and gone!!
Because the end of the year is nigh we are now having some big changes in our mission so that we can achieve our goal of 1650 baptisms. :) It has been pretty challenging! The new program is Follow-up 200. Where everyday we visit all of our investigators. Our President has received revelation that this is how we can achieve and overachieve our goal. and it is working!! It is amazing! :) We now have 7 people preparing for baptism!! :)
Some of those baptisms include 5 children. Patrick, Marygrace, Berdanine, Diane and MJ. or we call them the Mata Children. :) They have been investigators since June and because of this program, they are progressing at a very fast rate!! :D They are soo amazing and their testimonies are soo strong! The girls will be baptized on the 29th and the boys on December 13. They are sooo excited!! :)
We had a very big surprise yesterday too!! Princess has been an investigator for a while and we have dropped her many times and then have started to reteach her. SO far there was no progression. but then yesterday we were teaching her and we asked if she had read and prayed about the Book of Mormon. She said yes!! She then bore her testimony of the Book of Mormon and she said she knows it is true!! We were in shock! and then she shocked us even more by asking us at the end of the when she can be baptized!!!!! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO MIRACLE!!!!! :D :D
This week in our companionship study we have been focusing on keeping the commandments. I want to share with you some BEAUTIFUL promises that we found IF we keep the commandments :)
D&C 1:37
37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithfu l,and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall al l be fulfilled.
D&C 76:5-10
5 For thus saith the Lord—I, t he Lord, am merciful and graci ous
unto those who fear me, and de
in righteousness and in truth
7 And to them will I reveal all mysteries, yea, all the hidden mysteries of my kingdom from days of old, and for ages t o come,will I make known unto them the good pleasure of my will concerning all things perta ining to my kingdom.
8 Yea, even the wonders of et ernity shall they know, and th ings tocome will I show them, even the things of many genera tions.
to heaven; and before them the
make known unto them the secre
things which eye has not seen,
the heart of man.
isn't that BEAUTIFUL?!?!?!?!? I don't know about you but I would like those blessings!!! :) I love you all sooo much and I KNOW that the Lord loves us and watches over us! Have a great week my dear friends!! I LOVE YOU!!!
Love,
Sister Dalley
Excerpt from family letter:
This week was a little rough. Partly because I have been sick. I had you in my thoughts and prayers! Sometimes i felt like i had no energy. I would almost fall asleep in the middle of lessons. My body is still trying to get over my cold and I'm needing rest. I have been going to bed on time and getting up on time. haha but I KNOW that I have been able to get through this week ONLY through the atonement. I have been relying on Him this whole week. The enabling power of the Atonement is REAL!!! :)
It was also rough because,,,,I don't really want to say because it is soo sad. but we were teaching a sister outside and then this little boy comes crying to his grandma who was outside cleaning. I am not sure why but the next thing I know she had a bamboo stick in her hand and is hitting this young boy with it many many times. I will NEVER forget the sound of bamboo hitting against skin and the cry of that boy. It was awful. After the boy went screaming away, I looked at the sister and told her how wrong that was. No matter how disobedient the boy is we do not abuse children. I couldn't control my emotions. I was shaking with anger and crying. After we left Sister Guerrero told me I was overreacting. Maybe i was a little too harsh to the sister but I meant what I said and I don't regret it. Thinking of it makes me angry.
Sorry, I just needed to talk about that. Lighter topic.What to know something weird? So, out of all the sisters in my zone and housemates, I have the 3rd oldest in the mission. WEIRD!!!!! It doesn't feel like I have been out for 11 months! ;)
Another funny thing! We have a new investigator and her name is ENCARNACION!!! hehehehehehe Nacho Libre.......;) LOVE IT!!!
I love you my dear family!! Have a great closing night!! I am thinking of you!! Tell the cast hi for me and sing 500 miles as loud as you can for me!!! and give Sir a BIG hug forme!! and ENOY DENNY"S!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm
Love,
Sister Dalley
Philippines Angeles Mission
"Where only the finest serve!"
No comments:
Post a Comment