Monday, March 31, 2014

Miracles in March!

Week 18

Hello all!!! :)
Wow! this week went by soo fast!!! Crazy how time flies!! :)
So I completely forgot to tell you guys but this Saturday we had a baptism!!! yes!! His name is Zeniff Nunez. He is 9 years old and his mother is a returning Less Active! After 4 months of teaching him, he was finally baptized!!! YAY!! It was a really nice program :) Oh what a joy it is to be a missionary!!! :)

AND!! Remember Dexter?! Well,,,, his mom is getting baptized on Saturday!!! Yay!!! I am soo excited!!! Well, she will be if she can stay away from her cigarettes and coffee this week! We are praying soo hard for her. She has a crazy strong testimony of the gospel and is looking forward to being a member! She is praying so hard that the Lord will soften her husband's and other son's hearts, so that we can teach them and then in a year be sealed for all eternity as a family!!! :) 
Remeber R-riz? We are now teaching his mom Angel. And she really is an angel. She is soo knowledgeable. and So prepared, but she is a little hesitant in being baptized and we aren't sure why yet. So we are working on that. We have a goal of having her baptized this April 26! please keep her in your prayers!
So we FINALLY found a family to teach!! The Bronosa family. The mother Rose, is really receptive! The whole family will hopefully be baptized in May!! we've only had 2 lessons with them, but each lesson is so spiritual! We are praying that this is the family that we have been trying to find!!
Do you want to hear another miracle?! So this month was Miracles in March where our zone fasted to get 26 baptisms. We have worked soo hard this month. we have all fasted and prayed that we could meet our goal, and we did!! We got 27 baptisms this month!!!!! The Lord is amazing!!!!!!!!  27 more souls have made a sacred covenant with God this month!!! What a blessing!! and we were one of the only zones to reach our goal!!! :) Fasting works!! I testify of that!!! :)
FHE with the Valino family
So this week I was reading in an old Liahona magazine and there was a story by a lady who served her mission in France. She talked about how before she left she was promised that she would have the gift of tongues. But when she got to her mission, the language was soo hard for her. She could barely understand what was going on and she could not speak the language. But one day as they were contacting and she realized that even though she cannot speak the language, she can speak the language of the Spirit. She said that as she was speaking very broken French, she could feel the Spirit testify to her that what she was saying was true. That story hit me sooo hard. I knew I was suppose to read that. I am really struggling with the language. I am still speaking Taglish, I can barely barely understand what is being said. I am doing all that I can to learn the language. There are nights that I cry soo much because I want to do my part in missionary work, but I can only do so much when I don't speak the language. but this story testified to me, that I know as long as I am continually living worthy to have the Spirit with me, I can speak the language of the Spirit. and through me, the Lord's instrument, the Spirit can tell these people what I am saying is true!! I know that eventually i will learn the language and be able to understand it, but I ALWAYS need to be worthy to have the Spirit with me, because if you don't have the spirit, but you can speak the language really well, its not going to do you any good. We need to be absolutely 100 percent worthy to have the Spirit!! I testify that that is true!!!! And I know eventually the Lord will bless me and help me be able to understand these people, but I guess right now the Lord is trying to teach me something. That its not about me, its about testifying to these people with the spirit!!! :)
I love you all sooo much!! OH! don't tell me anything about Conference because I won't be able to watch it till the 12 and 13!!! :( since we are so far away! have fun though!! :) and enjoy watching it in the comfort of your nice cool homes!! ;) It is sooo hot here now!!! 90 degrees and sooo humid!!! :) and April gets even hotter!! whoopie! :) Love you all and stay strong!! Come unto Christ!! oh also this weekend we are having a Missionary musical Fireside! All the missionaries in my zone will be singing! It will be soo cool! and I get to sing a solo!! Savior, Redeemer of my soul!! The same one from 17 miracles!! We even have a violinist!! I am sooo excited!!! MAHAL KITA!!!!
Love,
Sister Dalley


My yummy oysters!

We made cookies! Made the recipe ourselves!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment