Week 17
Hello all!!!
Hello all!!!
Wow, what a week! Full of
highs and lows. Missionary work is such a roller coaster of emotions!
How grateful I am to know that God is there and can help me through all
of this! :)
This week I have felt soo inadequate and I have really realized how
even more imperfect I am. it is soo overwhelming with all that I have
to learn and be in order to be a successful missionary. How grateful I
am for the redeeming and enabling power of repentance and the
Atonement!! It is such a blessing and joy to know that through the
Atonement of Christ, I can become more like Him!!! The more I repent the
more I want to work even harder and do better to bring the restored
truth to these people! and to let them know that there is a Father in
Heaven who loves them sooo much that He provided them a way to return to
Him and become like HIm!! It fills my heart with soo much joy when I
think about it!! :) I want others to come closer to him and to feel that
same joy that I do every time I repent. Oh how great is the plan of our
almighty God!! It is soo perfect and I am so grateful that through the
Atonement of Christ I can return to Him someday and live with my family
forever!!
I have really been studying the Book of Mormon and i try and find
more scriptures about the Atonement. I came upon a chapter in 2 Nephi
that talks about those who are wicked and what will happen to them. It.
scared. me. and Nephi said in one verse that he has now done his part
to cry repetance to the people and he will not be held accountable for
what they have done. It made me think that we as missionaries HAVE TO DO
OUR BEST. we have to do all that we can to cry repentance unto these
people and bring them to the waters of baptism, I for one do not want to
be held accountable for not doing my part. it really motivates me to
work even harder and to become better every day!!!
So this week I finally got up the guts to try seafood. like real
seafood. I tried muscles!! SOO YUMMY!! :) I love them and now Sister
Altea is making more for me and we will feast on them later tonight!!
Yay!! :)
| We made banana bread!! |
So yesterday Dexter blessed the sacrament for the first time!!! it
was soo amazing! he did a perfect job! and R-riz passed the sacrament!!
Sooo cool!! It was soo hard not to cry! ;)
There is a nanay in
our area named Ofelia De Joya. She is 74 years old and lives about a 30
minute walk from the church, but with how old and frail she is it
probably takes her twice as long to get there. She and another Nanay who
is lame on one side of her body, WALK all the way to church. and they
are some of the most active members in our ward. they are there EVERY
sunday without fail and they are there from 2-5. the whole 3 hours. They
are such great examples to me. It makes me think that my excuses for
not going to church were soo lame!! These two women sacrifice their
health so that they can go to chruch and renew their covenants and
worship our Savior. So if you arent going to church, whats your excuse?
:)
Well my training is coming to a close! I am soo sad,
I love sister Altea and am sad to part with her we have had some
amazing times together and she is truly my eternal :"sister" :) , but I
am excited for the new challenge God has in store for me. :) I am
excited to become better and to stretch myself! :)
HUZZAH FOR ISRAEL!! MAHAL KITA!!!!!
Love,
Sister Dalley
No comments:
Post a Comment