Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy Week!!

Week 15

Hello all!!

Wow what a week!!! it has really flown by! I've noticed the more I laugh and smile the faster time goes by. :) :D I really love being a missionary!! It is such a joy as I see others coming closer to Jesus Christ. 

So this week was really good. We as companions are getting a lot closer and we feel more united. Sister Altea is such a blessing to me and is really making me stretch. She has taught me so much about how to be a consecrated, obedient, sanctified missionary. I am now feeling more confident in my Tagalog and teaching a lot of the lessons as well as following up and making commitments. She is doing so much for me. We are now on week 10 in the manual. Wow!! I am so blessed to have her. 

This week i have learned that it is essential that the investigator have a testimony of Joseph Smith. We have noticed how soo many less active members don't have a testimony of him. It really does effect your testimony. because if you don't have a testimony then how can you have a deep testimony of the Book of Mormon, or Jesus Christ?! and you won't have a true testimony that this Church is true!! I've learned that everything is linked together. each principle is linked together. you can't just have faith and just obedience. YOu have to have faith in order to be obedient and visa versa.
I have learned sooo much this week and I wish I could tell you everything but that would take up too much of your time :) I am so grateful for what I have learned. Even though I have only been here for 7 weeks I feel like a different person. :) I love it! I am never going back to the old me! 

This week we had 2 baptisms! Dexter and R-riz. What a joy and happy occasion it was!!!!! They have such strong testimonies!!! R-riz is 12 and he cried and cried after his baptism because he is finally a member of the true church!! Dexter cried as well. These two beings are sooo amazing and have so much potential!!! I LOVE my job!!!! 

We have a family named the Gabuyo's. They have a temple goal date!! For April!!! They have 3 children. They want to be sealed so bad! We are really working with them so that they can be sealed next month! and what is also great is that I get to be there for the sealing!! Temple Trip!!! but It is so great when we go and teach this family because the more they have family prayer and scripture study and go to church the stronger the spirit is in their home. They are changing. It is so amazing to see a WHOLE FAMILY preparing to be sealed. WHAT A JOY THIS WORK IS!!!! I KNOW that this is the LORD'S work and it cannot be stopped!!  This is the true church!!!! :) 

So this week i have tried a lot of fun foods!! ;) Wanna hear about them? ;)

I've had...quail eggs (delicious!!), LOTS of liver(really popular here), LOTS of fish( I am learning to love it! ;), Octopus (wouldn't reccommend it ;P), and raw egg. YAY!!!! :) fun fun!!! 
I miss the Popcorn on the trees! there is no spring here. only rainy or dry seasons. but it is still beautiful herre!!!

Thank you so much for your support and everything!! i love you all!! and Congrats to Joel Syphus and Michael Graff for your mission calls!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! MAHAL KITA!!!

LOVE 

SISTER Dalley

1 comment:

  1. Love you angel girl! Please thank your companion for me that she is a good leader for you. Unity in companions is vital! Loves always!!
    Xoxoxo. Grandma O

    ReplyDelete