Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy 4th!! :)

Week 32

Hello all!!
How was your 4th?! I hope happy and great!! We celebrated it by having smore's and Filipino style burgers and chocolate pudding!! it was heavenly!! and we also sang the National Anthem! haha! :) 
This last Saturday I met my new mission president and his wife :) They are amazing people. As I was sitting there listening to them talk in a workshop I was just flooded over with a feeling that this man and woman are called by God and they are going to do wonders for this mission!! :) I am excited to get close to them :) 
We had a baptism this week!! I am sorry the computer is no letting me upload pictures today :P next week na lang :) but it was a great baptism and the spirit was soo very strong :) Jericho bore his testimony and it was so powerful :) he is an amazing little kid :) 
I am loving this area more than ever!! the ward in wonderful and I am getting so close with the youth in the ward. They are sooo strong! It is sooo amazing for me to see what they endure everyday to stand up for their religion. They are all soo gung-ho about missionary work. It is amazing!! :) 
We are still trying to find some more family investigators and yesterday we were able to find one!! It was such a powerful lesson about eternal families. I have never felt the Spirit so strong in a lesson :) what a blessing!! we are praying that the Andrea family will continue to listen to us!! :)  
This week I was studying in the teachings of President Spencer W. Kimball about praying and about family prayer. It was so powerful. How much of the time do we take time to have family prayer? Do we only do it when it is convenient? If so then we are teaching our kids that family prayer and that praying in general isn't that important. IT IS SOOO IMPORTANT!! I know how family prayer can change a family. depending on if you do it or not depends on how close your family is with God and to each other. We need to head our Savior's counsel in 3 Nephi 18:21. These are the words of Christ. Are we obeying them? if not what can you change? I know how this can bless each of our lives. I am so grateful for my parents for making sure we had morning and evening family prayers. even if they were at 6 in the morning. I now see why they did it. The things I learned from that I will take with me throughout my life. So....will you all commit to having family prayers EVERYDAY?!?!? if not, then you need to figure out your priorities. :) 1. God 2. Spouse 3. children..... :) 
Well gotta go my dear friends!! but I love you all and hope all is well with you!! :) have a wonderful week!!
LOVE
Sister Dalley


Excerpt from letters to Family:
 I sure miss the mountains. but this little town reminds me so much of it ;) It is really beautiful. It is very small with only a very, very small grocery store and a fresh produce market. It is very nice and I love how quiet it is. My area is so beautiful and the people are so amazing. so humble. with very very little. there is one little girl who is just a few days older than Eden and reminds me sooooo much of her!! She loves music too! Her name is Marylou. She come to church every week. She is so cute. I have come to really love her as my own sister. She has very little and all of her clothes are raggedy and really big on her, she is soooo skinny because of how little she eats. she comes to church in those clothes and she sits with me every week :) as I watch her she looks at all the other girls her age who have nice church clothes. It is very heart breaking for me. and she looks at my jewelry with wide eyes. So I have decided I am giving her some of my jewelry and shirt and things that I don't wear any more so that she can have something pretty to wear :) and so if Eden has some old Sunday clothes or a few shirts to give, please send them :) I will gladly give them to my dear Marylou :) 
Things are going well! MY house mates are soo fun! one is a theater geek too so we have gotten along really well!! except every one is sick except me!! ah!!! just a cold :) and my legs are COVERED in bug bites. It is soooo bad. I thought it was bad in Cab but here is it worse! haha! :) I keep taking the things I brought but it hasn't really been helping :/
I just met Sister Clark, she is an amazing lady. :) I love her so much!
My house isn't as big as my first one, but it is still  big ;) the computer won't let me upload the picture :P but it is nice. There is a dog here and he loves to sleep on our porch :) I love playing with him :) He is the kind of dog you would love ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment