Monday, September 15, 2014

Miracles :)

Week 42

Hello All!! 
Wow, what a crazy week!! Lots of rain and many homes flooded and more to come! It is amazing how these people cope with it. It is very humbling.
So we have found some great investigators!! There is Jayson and Isabel Sanchez. They have been married for about a year now and are so cute!! ;) Isabel's parents are actually members! "Coincidence? I think not!" They are both so receptive! We actually extended a baptism date in the first lesson!! and they accepted! Miracle right there!! 
Another new investigator is Mark Anthony. Maybe I have talked about him, I can't remember! :P but he is actually a referral from Noemie. He has been really interested about the church but has been too shy to ask! We taught him last week and he went to church yesterday!!! He is so golden. The Lord really does prepare people! I know that is true! 
Another miracle for the month of September, we had 9 investigators go to church yesterday!! That is sooo high for our mission! :) and Charmie and his wife were 2 out of the 9! They had a really good experience and are excited to go next week! :) Nora( Charmie's wife) is down to only 2 sticks and Charmie down to 5! What a miracle! and we asked them what helps them stay away from the cigarettes and they answered,"The Book of Mormon." Wow. We were blown away :) 
I just want to share a quick verse before I close. Mosiah 24:15-16. This is about the people of Alma who were in bondage.   15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren 
 were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease,and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
 16 And it came to pass that sgreat was their faith and their patience that the voice  
othe Lord came unto them again, saying:Be of good comfort, for on the morrow will  
deliver you out of bondage. 

Their faith and patience was so great that the Lord could not hold back the blessings! That really hit me. How big is my faith and patience? and am I cheerful about it all? I know that as we exercise faith in Him with patience and faithfulness the Lord cannot hold back the blessings. :)
I love you all!!! 
LOVE
Sister Dalley


Philippines Angeles Mission
"Where only the finest serve!"

I am including the family letter.
Hello my dear family!! 
Wow, time just goes by faster with each week. Transfers are next week!! AH!!! I don't think I will be training. I finally realized why too. I had exchanges this last week with the Sister Training Leaders. and I asked her what could I work on. THERE are SOO many things. haha I just need to work on being a better teacher. So i am really working at that. :)
So yesterday we got a text saying that we needed to be home by 5, not the normal 8 o'clock time because there was a typhoon coming. and that was so true! It rained all night and I was sooo cold!! I actually wore long pants, and snuggled with my quilt! I was so cozy. I felt so grateful to the Lord for having a warm home made of bricks and not bamboo. :( 
It has been raining a lot this last week. SO many homes have been flooded. It is so sad. and these people are so used to it. They lose so many possessions but they are just grateful that their family is alive, and that is all that matters to them. It is a very humbling experience.
So a few days ago we were talking to this one nanay and telling us how she is open to listening to us. All of a sudden she says,"oh hello pastor!" haha her pastor had just showed up and snuck up behind us. He was not happy. We tried introducing ourselves, but he would not even look at us. He wasn't very nice. haha it was kind of funny ;) he just kept rolling his eyes. but hey we at least invited him to church! 
So Charmie is doing great! but there is one problem. He is kind of abusive to his children. He has done some things that have shown abusive behavior in front of us. I have been wondering how to address this problem. The Lord answered my prayers yesterday at church!  Charmie went to church yesterday and the topic in class was about the responsibilities of fathers and mothers! and abuse came up! He didn't really comment but i watched his face and he seemed really interested. It was amazing. I hope that it pricked his heart and he will try harder to treat his family right. 
This week has been a week full of answered prayers. I don't have time to share it, but I KNOW that the Lord does answer prayers. We just need to do all we can to do our part. I KNOW the Lord loves us and me because he does answer prayers!! Keep praying, HE IS LISTENING!!!!!!! 
I LOVE YOU all sooooooooo much!!! Take care!!! You are in my prayers everyday. I miss you,but just think how fast time is going. If you need to, make a chain of how many weeks left! about 36 i think! It is closer than we think! :) I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!! 
LOVE
Sister Dalley

No comments:

Post a Comment