Monday, February 24, 2014

No rest for a missionary!

Week 13

Hello my friends!! :)

I don't have a lot of time today sorry!! Lots to do! No rest for a missionary!! It's good though! It makes time go fast!! :)
This week was good! No time for pictures though, sorry. :( This week was in a way really hard. Satan has been working soo hard to bring me down. It's been a real soul searching week. The question keeps popping up in my mind,"Can I do this?" "Can I do this for the next 17 months of my life? June 2015 seems soo far away!" and I was really discouraged.  But I realized that I just needed to cast Satan out; and as I did my thoughts turned more positive and I was able to focus. I found out that singing songs can really chase Satan away. So EVERY where I go I am ALWAYS singing :) I love it :) I am so grateful for the power of music, especially hymns. I love to sing and music has been a part of my life for a long time but I never realized how amazing hymns were until I came out here. They bring a special spirit, even into the lessons. :)
We FINALLY found a family to teach!!! They are golden!!!! I just hope that they will continue to take the lessons!! :) We are hoping they will be baptized by the end of March! We have so many baptisms planned for March! R-riz (12) and Dexter (28) will be baptized on March 8 and Zeniff(9) and Edmar (22) on March 22. Hopefully more!! It is so amazing to see the Lord's hand in this work!! :) I love it! That is one of the joys being a missionary is seeing his hand in all things!! :)
So, lol, the language is soo hard. Haha this last week we were teaching about the Law of Chastity to Edmar and as I shared a scripture about clean thoughts, mind, words etc. So the word for thoughts is "isip". So I was testifying about how important it is to have clean isip, but of course I said it is important to have clean ipis (cockroach). Yup got the two words mixed up. Lol it was so embarrasing but fun :) I've learned that i just have to laugh at my mistakes. :)
So much to say but I don't have any more time left!! I love you all so much!!! I KNOW that this is the true church!! DO MISSIONARY WORK!!!! It will bless your life!!! :) Stay safe and stay true to your covenants!!
Love,
Sister Dalley

1 comment:

  1. Love your letters! We and the Elders sing a lot to people. It softens hearts and invites the Spirit. Praying for you! LOVE YOU!! Grandma O (Sister Ogden)

    ReplyDelete